The Fuquay-Varina Fire Department received a call at 6:37 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 5 from the owner of Sears on Main Street. The business owner said there was a smoky smell. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they determined the fire actually had started at Jus’ Enuff.
The business was closed and no injuries were reported. The fire appeared to have started near the cash register area. Although it was not a total fire loss, there was significant smoke damage to the business.
The building has fire walls, so there was little smoke damage to adjoining properties.
Fire Chief Tony Mauldin was not on the scene, but said the incident is still under investigation by the Wake County Fire Marshals. He said the business reported the incident to its insurance and it is under investigation by that company as well.
At this time, Mauldin said the incident has not been reported as suspect, but officials aren’t ruling out any possibilities.