It’s all about North Carolina at the Museum Shop, located at the N.C. Museum of History in downtown Raleigh. You’ll find an impressive selection of holiday gift items crafted by North Carolinians: handmade ornaments, pottery, jewelry and more. The shelves also overflow with specialty foods, books, toys and other enticing options.
Choose from these items and more.
• Books that you won’t find in most bookstores. These books recount history from the state’s earliest inhabitants to the 20th century.
• Pottery that represents North Carolina’s long tradition of potters who use native clay to produce beautiful results.
• Handmade decorative objects and jewelry pieces made by craftspeople in North Carolina and the United States.
• Children’s toys that teach as they entertain.
• Scrumptious North Carolina foods, such as Moravian cookies, barbeque sauces, jams and peanuts.
• The Museum Shop’s own ornament series that reflects North Carolina’s proud heritage. A new ornament is produced annually, and this year’s design honors the 50th anniversary of the Legislative Building. Other ornaments feature North Carolina symbols, geographical locations, and buildings.
• North Carolina mementoes, which are small in cost but meaningful in memories.
From the mountains to the sea, Tar Heel traditions abound in gift selections at the Museum Shop. All profits from the sale of Museum Shop merchandise support programs and educational projects at the N.C. Museum of History. The Museum Shop is operated by the Museum of History Associates.
For your convenience, you can shop by phone at 919-807-7835 or online at www.ncmuseumofhistoryshop.com. The Museum Shop’s regular hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. During the holidays, the Museum Shop will be open from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 23, and closed on Dec. 24 and 25 and Jan. 1. Parking is free on weekends.
For more information about the N.C. Museum of History, call 919-807-7900 or access ncmuseumofhistory.org or Facebook.